Many individuals experience a hormonal imbalance but don’t realize it. This imbalance can have varying symptoms ranging from subtle to debilitating effects and are most times covered by medications that are administered for depression, anxiety, weight gain, insomnia, and more.
Hormonal Imbalance in Men
While not often commonly discussed, men also suffer from hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance in men can come in four (4) different main types:
- Andropause, which is often commonly called “menopause for men”, causes a significant decline in the testosterone levels in men as they age. Andropause also causes depression, fatigue, and weakness with lower testosterone levels.
- Adrenal fatigue is a type of hormonal balance which isn’t age-reliant and is associated with extreme and chronic levels of stress. The adrenal glands within the body are responsible for creating the biochemical cortisol; the key product in counteracting stress. However, with excess levels of stress, the adrenal glands will weaken and exhaust themselves; becoming incapable of producing enough cortisol. This will, in turn, cause other hormones’ levels to drop below a satisfactory level which can be especially troublesome in a man’s older age. Symptoms associated with adrenal fatigue are difficulty concentrating, chronic tiredness, and difficulty getting out of bed.
- Hyperthyroidism is the excess of the thyroid hormone within the body. This occurs when the thyroid gland produces more than what is required by the body and is often caused by Graves’ Disease (an autoimmune disorder), thyroiditis, inflammation of the thyroid, or excessive iodine within the male’s diet. Hyperthyroidism also comes with problems such as a rapid heart rate, anxiety, irritability, difficulty sleeping, and nervousness.
- Hypothyroidism, not to be confused with the aforementioned hyperthyroidism, is another type of hormone imbalance. As one can guess, this is in the case where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone within the body. The most common cause of this is Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis; an autoimmune disorder. Symptoms associated with hypothyroidism are hair loss, unexplained weight gain, slow heart rate, carpal tunnel syndrome, and an increased sensitivity to the cold.
Hormonal Imbalance in Women
Women who suffer from hormonal imbalance can find themselves battling a variety of different problems and symptoms all at once. Many of the problems they face are as follows:
- Vaginal dryness
- Loss of libido
- Mood swings
- Anxiety and depression
- Fatigue and lack of motivation
- Hair loss
- Dry, saggy, aging skin
- Pains and aches within their joints
- Difficulty focusing
- Slower recovery from injuries
Causes of Hormonal Imbalance in Women
In women, hormonal imbalance can happen as a result of ageing and might be a genetic predisposition for some; however, the food we eat, stress, and exercise also affects our hormonal balance. If you or someone you love is experiencing symptoms of hormonal imbalance, you can reach out to Progressive Rejuvenation to schedule an evaluation of the condition.
Balance Hormones with BioTE Medical
The fundamental goal of BioTE Medical is to aid hormone balancing via bioidentical hormone pellet therapy. Patients might experience relief from health symptoms and have an easier, better life in their older age. Hormone balance is vital for living a beautiful life and that’s why BioTE Medical aims to help adults age healthier and live a happier life.
What Is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a treatment model which replaces hormones that have been lost due to various factors like ageing. This replacement relieves the patient of symptoms caused by hormonal imbalance.
What is The Aim of Hormone Optimization Therapy?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is designed for many common health conditions and debilitating symptoms that are often ignored by medical providers. Some of the symptoms include stress, exhaustion, weight gain, foggy thinking, and difficulty sleeping. Most times, individuals with such symptoms suffer from hormonal imbalance and can be by uncovering the cause of these health issues. Once identified, it would only be a matter of time before getting the patient back to normally balanced hormone levels and a healthier life. BHRT is a unique and effective method for resolving these complex issues via effective balanced hormone therapy.
What is Bioidentical Hormone Pellet Therapy?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy balances hormones effectively. Hormone optimization treatment starts to work within 7-10 days after pellet insertion. After insertion, a constant dose of bioidentical hormones will be introduced into the bloodstream which balances the patient’s hormones. This is a basic outline of the therapy and its process.
Many individuals report that bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) pellets from BioTE Medical is among the most effective methods for returning hormonal levels to normal.
What Can I Expect from Progressive Rejuvenation Hormone Balance Therapy?
Each individual is unique and that is why we believe that each of our patients’ route to hormone optimization should be made unique. Using hormone therapy optimization, most patients report that they’ve started experiencing relief from symptoms in about 10 days, though complete relief can take up to 6 months. At Progressive Rejuvenation, your hormone optimization therapy is fully customized to suit your precise needs. Suffer in silence no more; call us today for an evaluation if you or someone you know can benefit from this treatment and live a better life.
Elevate your well-being and enhance your quality of life by contacting Progressive Rejuvenation today. Our wellness services are designed to nourish your body and mind, leaving you feeling rejuvenated from the inside out. Boost your confidence and embark on a journey to a healthier, happier you.